Wednesday, August 31, 2005

It's been a busy couple of weeks. I've been trying to get some of the baby sweaters done. Of course, after having all the pieces done of one, and thinking that I was going to start putting it together, I realized that the back was totally wrong and had to pull it all out and redo it. Now I can put it all together.

My dad has been visiting for the past week. It's been wonderful to get to spend some time with him.

It's heartwrenching to watch the coverage of the devastation that Hurricane Katrina has left in it's wake. It's truly beyond comprehension. May God use this immense tragedy to draw people to Himself.

One more holiday weekend and then deep into schoolwork we go. I'm glad for the return to routine.

We have several Homespun Family events scheduled for fall. (I'd love to get my shawl done, but I'm not sure that it's a possibility!). We'll be demonstrating for a large group of 8th graders in late September-third year in a row, followed that weekend by demonstrations at Pioneer Days. In mid-October, we are part of an art fair. I'm concentrating on beaded bags for that one and some tatted pieces. So, I'd better get to my bookwork so that I can get busy on my other projects!

No comments: