Sunday, September 10, 2006

I'm slowly getting the hang of this new blogger. Once the bugs are worked out, I think that I'm going to like it.

Do you ever think that everything is just going crazy? It just seems like there is so much conflict, drama, struggle. I can't elaborate yet, but there is a lot of prayer going up these days for several situations.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of September 11. As the day has approached, I've found myself reflecting more and more. What a sad, scary day that was. Just as everyone else, I remember it like it was yesterday. The images, the feelings, they are all there with full clarity. I remember the kid's reactions, too. How scared my son was, at 11-years-old, it seemed that his world was crashing to an end. At the time, I didn't know anyone that perished, but I mourned for the loss of security, the awful loss of life, the loss of our naivete. Now, I know the widow of one the thousands lost, her daughter attends my church and I've had the priviledge of getting to know them both. I mourn for her husband, Jim, and I pray that as she returns tomorrow she will find a little bit of closure. His body was never recovered. She spoke to him after the first plane hit, he was at the hotel and was going to head home. She never heard from him again.

It was all so sudden. It was all so harsh.

It saddens me to think how many people we have in our country who just don't get it. They believe we were attacked for our politics. They don't seem to want to understand that we were attacked because of our religion, because we are "infidels". We were attacked for our way of life, whether the lives of true followers of Christ or followers of a decadent lifestyle, it matters not. This struggle goes back to the beginning of time. It will not be solved with diplomacy or war, God will solve it, it is His battle to fight.

Deuteronomy 20:2-4(NIV)
When you are about to go into battle, the priest shall come forward and address the army.
He shall say: "Hear, O Israel, today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not be terrified or give way to panic before them. For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory."
God will have His victory. In the mean time, we pray, we reach, we teach.

1 comment:

Jannie said...

I wish I understood why we were attacked. Because we believe in Christ?