Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's been almost 2 months since I've posted. We've been quite busy. I've joined the Iowa Speedway Ministry and have enjoyed two races thus far.Being a part of the ministry means that we get to go just about anywhere. We are there to minister, to drivers, crews, and fans.The first afternoon, we had a deluge! Totally unexpected!! It made the microphone go out on my phone! We were soaked. I now make sure that I have a poncho with me!
Yes, I was this close to Danika Patrick. I found her to be very focused! She moves fast and stays on task, I suppose that's why some people see her as a bit snotty. I didn't get that impression at all. She was very willing to sign autographs, especially for the kids. We were able to get right up to the pit boxes. This is Helio Castroneves waiting to go out for practice. I was able to get his autograph and talk to him a bit. He's a darling man!

The Iowa gymnast, Shawn Johnson, came to the races on Sunday. She seemed to enjoy herself.I stood right below the flag this past Saturday night, it was a beautiful sight! Sadly, I'm afraid it isn't going to mean much before long.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sounds exciting! I'm a big fan of Danica Patrick. People just give her grief because she's a strong, competitive woman who will confront a problem instead of whine and cry about it. Drives me crazy!