Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sorry about the ads.  I don't like 'em, but I'm not sure what to do about them.  Trust me, the eucalyptus radiata from Young Living will work far better for your sinuses than anything advertised here.

Last week I had a mini-meltdown.  I had reached the breaking point with being criticized, talked down to, and just the general nastiness that seemed to be running rampant, not just in my own family, but everyone I talked with.  Not a good word about anything (maybe not such an absolute, but it sure seemed that way).  People were being critical of people being critical, it seemed to be reaching epic proportions around here.  I ended up hanging up on my daughter, the one I almost never fight with.  I spent several minutes crying and pouring it out to hubby.  He was supportive and understood where I was coming from.

I resolved at that point to really work on my own tendency to criticize and to try to seek to build up, rather than tear down.  God confirmed my struggle with all these negative attitudes with a song my beautiful daughter-in-law sang in church on Sunday morning.

 

Holy Spirit, living Breath of God,
Breathe new life into my willing soul.
Bring the presence of the risen Lord
To renew my heart and make me whole.
Cause Your Word to come alive in me;
Give me faith for what I cannot see;
Give me passion for Your purity.
Holy Spirit, breathe new life in me.

Holy Spirit, come abide within;
May Your joy be seen in all I do—
Love enough to cover ev'ry sin
In each thought and deed and attitude,
Kindness to the greatest and the least,
Gentleness that sows the path of peace.
Turn my striving into works of grace.
Breath of God, show Christ in all I do. 

Holy Spirit, from creation's birth,
Giving life to all that God has made,
Show Your power once again on earth;
Cause Your church to hunger for Your ways.
Let the fragrance of our prayers arise.
Lead us on the road of sacrifice
That in unity the face of Christ
Will be clear for all the world to see.

Holy Spirit, Living Breath of God
Words and Music by Keith Getty & Stuart Townend
© 2006 Thankyou Music

"In each thought and deed and attitude, kindness to the greatest and the least, gentleness that sows the path of peace. Turn my striving into works of grace.  Breath of God, show Christ in all I do."  Amen and amen!

I cried through the whole thing!  Then the pastor's sermon was on judging others and building up and not tearing down.  God had a message for me last weekend and it came in loud and clear!!

Today, I'm just trying to not get in a panic.  We are putting in french doors (pics will come later) and I am not good with the destruction part.  Gets my heart to pumpin'!

No comments: