Sunday, March 20, 2005

I'm struggling

I'm struggling today. My friend, Sandy, went home to be with the Lord this morning. I'm not struggling with that, per se, I'm happy she's home, she's out of pain, she's more fully alive than ever before.

I'm struggling with people taking each other for granted. I'm struggling with rudeness, with cruelty, with meanness. I'm struggling with life being short and people hurting each other. There is room for debate and disagreement, but there is not room for belittling, for tearing down, for emotional abuse. You can disagree without disrespect. You can teach and share without making someone feel like dirt. It isn't worth it. Life is short, it's precious, it's filled with blessing. Let's be grateful. Let's count our blessings.

To quote Sandy, "God is good all the time, all the time, God is good."

No comments: