Thursday, March 24, 2005

So sad...

I am so saddened by the Terri Schiavo situation. I'm struck by the verocity of the people who want her to die. That it is about her dignity, her wishes. If it was her wish, why was the feeding tube ever inserted in the first place?

The left is using words like "right to die", "sanctity of marriage", "small government". But, there are so off base, it's depressing. This is about life. This is about the possibility of rehabilitation. This is about love.

I'm surprised at the support for her husband. He may very well have her interests at heart, but most of his actions don't support that. To claim that he couldn't possibly have self-control and remain monogamous is ridiculous, men have done it many times before. I think it's this culture of sex that we live in. Everything in this life is not about sex. There are so many more important things. Honesty, integrity, faithfulness.

The more this plays out in forums and on talk shows, the more frightened I become for those who are in these situations.

I pray that those who seek to play god will repent and turn to the one true Almighty God. He will not be mocked and He will not tarry forever.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (AMP) "If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land."

Lord, raise up believers to stand up for you, for the weak, the infirm, the downtrodden. May we pray, seek, crave, and require Your face. In Jesus' name, AMEN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May your God agrees with you and allows her back to life ... most preferably the coming Sunday.