Sunday, October 22, 2006

It's very exciting to sit back and watch God work. I wish that we'd just learn to relax and wait and to not get in His way. He is moving and it is awesome. When we get out of the way and finally say "yes", He works!

We had a wonderful ladies breakfast at church yesterday morning. We had several new ladies and we had a great lesson on God's hiding from us. We had wonderful discussion and the Holy Spirit led me to think of things I had not previously thought of. To top it off, the songs we sang at church this morning actually spoke to many of the things that were discussed. God was certainly driving home the message of His majesty and holiness.

I'm excited to see the new things He is going to do!!

Politics is still an interesting aspect of my life. I've learned that it can be very rewarding and at the same time, it can be extremely disheartening. When you maintain the status quo, it is somewhat discouraging, but when you step out ethically and take the high road, it can be a lot of fun. I must admit, though, that I'll be glad to not spend so much time on it and be able to focus more on church things. There is a lot of work to be done for the women of our church and I'm finally feeling focused.

A verse for today:

Isaiah 6:1b (NIV)
I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple.


He is exalted! He is mighty! He is GOD!!

No comments: