Saturday, March 31, 2007


Okay, these pictures aren't the best, but they are documentation of some wonderful things!! The top photo is a bracelet of charms that one of my best friends sent me for my birthday. The circle on the left says "Acceptance", the one of the right says "Inspire" and the small middle one says "Friendship". The card that she sent with it explained the meaning behind each one and it is probably one of the most meaningful gifts I have ever received. She sent it to be worn as a choker, but I wanted to be able to see it so that I could be reminded of it's meaning.


Now, for the bottom one. I actually knitted this i-cord from size 8 cotton in the hopes of using it for the above bracelet. I just couldn't get it to hold the charms steady, so I set it aside on my bookcase and basically forgot about it. Well, this morning, I decided to join a Beth Moore online bible study called "Believing God". Praise God for DSL! The first lesson was powerful and was really working on confirming some things that are going on in my life. (God's timing is always perfect!). At the end, she took us to Numbers 15:37-41, which says:

The LORD said to Moses, "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘Throughout the generations to come you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a blue cord on each tassel. You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of the LORD, that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by going after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes. Then you will remember to obey all my commands and will be consecrated to your God. I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am the LORD your God.’"

She told us to tie a blue ribbon around our right wrist to remind us of the same things. Immediately, I knew what that blue i-cord was for!!

I am so often humbled by the wonder of God! He uses the tiniest things to effect us in big ways. I am so looking forward to continuing in this study and really beginning to believe God for big things!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: