Friday, April 06, 2007

I feel like I'm making some progress! I've finished my felted bag, except for the felting, which I'm hoping to do this morning. I've been working on my Lorna's Laces Yellowstone socks and I've just got the foot to go on the 2nd one. I've got my baby sweater going well and I've been working on my SWS? scarf. It would be really nice to have some Christmas gifts out of the way!

One of my comments asked if I am a counselor. Not in the sense that I get paid for it. I believe that all Christians are "counselors", we are all called to minister to others. That being said, I do believe that God has gifted me with an ability to counsel others in a way that bears fruit. For as long as I can remember, people have poured out their troubles and struggles to me. I can't say that I always have the best advice-I don't really believe that advice is the purpose of counseling. Often times, just listening to a person helps the person to recognize their problem and figure out their own solution. Anyway, I've been doing a lot of studying using counseling textbooks and I'm looking at taking some courses.

I'm am very thankful that the lady I've been meeting with is feeling somewhat better. I know that God can move mountains here and bring complete healing and victory to her.

It's freezing here!! I mean that literally. It was around 20 degrees here this morning and it's only supposed to get up to just over freezing. My poor daffodils--I'm not a gardener, matter-of-fact, I consider myself to have a black thumb, but they were doing so well and now they are not feeling so well! It's supposed to be cold until next week. Oh well, spring is coming and the sun is shining!

I hope everyone has a blessed Resurrection Sunday. May we all reflect on Jesus' reason for going to the cross and humbly bow before Him in gratitude and praise!

He IS Risen!! He IS Risen Indeed!!

1 comment:

Susan in N. GA said...

Dawn,
This really blessed me, I also do counseling.
I haven't felted anything yet, but hope to learn soon.
Blessings.