Thursday, April 26, 2007


What I am saying is that as long as the heir is a child, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate. He is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father. Galatians 4:1-2
In my Believing God study today, the lesson was on Abraham, but indirectly, when applied to us, ministry. I came to saving faith in March 1993. By March of 2000, I'd taught Sunday School, done several VBS's, was in charge of Ladies Breakfast, had done several classes of Weigh Down Workship and the Exodus one, as well as doing several other things on and off. In March of 2000, I basically had a nervous breakdown. I pulled away from almost everything, except Ladies Breakfast. Even though I was in the depths of despair, deep down, I knew God had a work to do and it wasn't going to be pleasant.
Over the course of several months I learned many things about myself. I had become prideful
( 1 Timothy 3:6 (NIV) He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. -- 2 Corinthians 12:7 (NIV)
To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. ).
I was doing the work myself, I wasn't relying on God, I wanted the glory. I needed to have that broken down in me. I also learned that I had to take better care of myself, that I had a lot more to learn.
So, for the last seven years, I've been slowing growing, taking my time, learning to just to trust God and His perfect timing. That's why the verse from Galatians really stuck out at me. I was a child and I needed to wait until the time set by my Father!! I'm so excited for what He is doing right now! His timing is so perfect! Waiting may seem difficult, but it is so worth the results!
Please pray for an old school-mate's family. She went home to be with the Lord this morning, just 3 months to the day of being diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer. She leaves behind a husband and three children. Her testimony was awesome and she was ready and excited to go home, but concerned for her kids. Please say a prayer for them.

No comments: