Friday, November 21, 2008

"I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth!"

God is so good! My prayer is that people will wake up to that truth. He is just, but He is good! His commands are not for our bondage, but for our freedom. His Word is life, not death. The world's ways bring bondage and death.

I praise Him because He has saved me from death, but He has also saved me from the "freedoms" that others believe make them free, when, in fact, they take them deeper into bondage and pain.

We can make sin look all pretty and fun, but it's brings pain and death. We can live by our feelings, but they rarely speak truth and will lead us down a path of hurt.

I know what it feels like to be deep in the pit of sin. I know what it feels like to deny that sin, to live by my emotions, to seek after those things that I thought made me feel better.

Now that I've experienced the forgiveness and grace of Jesus Christ, I want that more than anything for all those I love and for all those that I don't even know. I want that for those who don't understand and I want that for those that are hostile to the message. God is good!!

God is pummeling me from every side lately. His message to me--obey me! While that sounds harsh, it is so not. He's also been showing me that He is FOR me!! He loves me with a love that I cannot comprehend. He is my protector, my defender, the Lover of my soul. He is my all and all! Every breath I breathe is a gift from Him!! How could I not want to be obedient and turn to Him for deliverance in those ugly places of my heart that still torment me sometimes.

There is hope! He'll meet you wherever you are!

No comments: