Saturday, August 17, 2013

We had a wonderful day at the state fair the other day!  The weather was perfect!  In the 60's with a light breeze to begin the day followed by low 70's and sunshine!  Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Looking at the ducks at the DNR building.

"I don't really care about the ducks!"

Zebra!

Feeding the young camels.

Getting her first "tattoo".  Iowa State Cyclones, of course!

We found Floppy!  He is a beloved puppet from my childhood.  The state historical museum created a huge stir earlier this summer by retiring his display, but the governor brought him for the fair.  Tons of people just a bit older than I, through my generation, and just a bit younger have been having their photo taken with him.  E seemed a bit curious about it, and maybe a bit scared, but I'm hoping to get some dvd's of the old shows and introduce her to the joys of The Floppy Show!

"Eh, I don't care about Floppy, either!"

She did, however, enjoy the calf!


Strolling along the avenue.

There was some yarn bombing going on!  Fun!

Sweet!

Gma and L!  Life is good!



No comments: