Friday, January 13, 2006

I didn't realize it had been so long since I last posted. I still want to do a review of 2005, hopefully I'll get around to it.

My mom has been a fan of George Strait for a very long time and I've tried several times to get tickets for her to his concerts, but to no avail. Finally, this time, I did it! The concert was last night and we had a wonderful time. We went shopping and out to eat before we went to the concert. We enjoyed a wonderful chicken marsala/garlic mashed potato dinner at Mondo's.

The concert was very loud!! We went to the new arena in town, and while it's imposing, it's nothing special. I enjoyed it, but I don't understand why my heart had to thump and my purse buzz from the sound. Oh well. George sang for just under 2 hours, so we got our money's worth and mom can finally say she's been to his concert.

My weight loss continues. I was very excited. I went to weigh in at the dr's the other day and I was down another 5 lbs!!! And that was from the month including the holidays!! Working out is still a challenge (and I got completely away from it for about 4 weeks surrounding Christmas), but I'm sticking with it, it makes a huge difference in the scale moving.

I'm still trying to get some of my Christmas knitting projects done. Babies are beginning to pop up again (I still have a couple to complete from new arrivals in 2005), but the new ones aren't due until June and August. I'm working on something special for a special someone. I'll post it after it's been given.

No comments: