Sunday, January 01, 2006

A New Year! May it be a blessed one! When I don't have a headache, I plan on reviewing 2005 and looking ahead to 2006.

Thankfully, after 1 1/2 years, we are done car shopping. We were able to get a wonderful deal on a used 2005 Explorer. It has 4x4, so I'll be able to get up my hill when it's snowy or muddy.

Even with a headache, I can put down my New Year's "resolutions" (they are not changes that I can make on my own, I will need the Lord's help!).

1. Pastor Jim spent many Fridays teaching us about judging favorably. We often jump to rash conclusions, not really knowing people's situations or circumstances, and we tend to judge unfavorably. But, it's time to start making a concerted effort to judge favorably.

2. Less procrastination!! This is improving, only because of the Lord's help over the past 12 1/2 years, but it can still be a struggle.

3. Being a better wife! I have been blessed with such a wonderful husband, a man who keeps me where I need to be, he doesn't let me get carried away, which is so easy for me to do!

4. Being a better mom! I want to speak softly! I want to love fully!

The most important thing, I want to grow more intimate with my Lord and Savior. May He be the one who guides me, holds me accountable, teaches me! Less of me, more of HIM!!!

No comments: