Friday, June 30, 2006

I’ve been surfing through the Christian Knitters Ring this morning. I don’t do it often, I have dial-up, so it takes quite a bit of time, but since I subscribed to bloglines, I wanted to get them in my list.

One of the things I read was from a young lady questioning how she could be sad and yet content. It’s weird because I’ve felt the same way and didn’t know how to put it into words.

I’m so saddened by the condition of our country. The division. The rampant sin. The politics. And, yet, I’m content in the sweetness of my home, my marriage, with my children. Things are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but God is good, and I know that I am where I belong.

I have really become content in being at home. Now, I’ve been at home for almost 20 years, but I finally feel comfortable. I miss it when I’m not here. I like keeping it up. I love how much more content we all are when we’re not running all over. Not that our schedules aren’t still busy, they are, but we are making wiser choices and trying to do more when we are away from home so that we can be home more often.

However, I am really looking forward to our vacation in three weeks. We are returning to Wyoming for a week. We absolutely love it out there and if it were logistically possible we would seriously consider moving out there. We are going to be able to get across to the Tetons this trip, probably our favorite spot on this earth.

I’m trying to keep up with my knitting, lots of little ones still to come. Baby A’s little brother is still safely in the womb. Praise God!! Her little baby cousin has yet to arrive either. She’s due any minute.

No comments: