Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

"In all things, give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus"

This week has been a rough week. It began with my uncle having to put to sleep his beloved shelty, Quincy. Quincy had been suffering with liver disease for about 1 1/2 years. Finally, it became to much and they had to do what was best for Quincy.

On Tuesday, we got the phone call that my cousin was passing away. He had been suffering with cancer for over a year. By evening, things were looking somewhat better, so I went to bed with hopes of getting to see him one more time. Wednesday morning, the call came, he had passed away on Tuesday evening (his 47th anniversary). So, I spent a good part of yesterday with my cousin and her family. We will be spending part of today there, as well as tomorrow and then the funeral follows on Saturday. It's going to be very difficult for my cousin, she's been with this man for most of her life.

Yesterday was also the anniversary of my daughter's miscarriage. She's been struggling with it since we found out that my 18-year-old niece is now expecting. We just found out, she's been in denial, so she's already 7 1/2 months along. While my daughter is happy for her, there is a feeling of "why not me".

So, while the holidays do bring sweet times, they are often so difficult.

No comments: