Thursday, October 22, 2009

My heart is heavy for a dear friend of mine. She has been through so much, including the terminal illness of her husband (which he's still dealing with). Her health has been failing for a couple of years, but she always rebounded. That may no longer be the case. I wish I could express the love I have for this dear woman. She is a mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, and, I believe, even a great-great-grandmother. She & her husband took in their great-granddaughter and raised her as their own. She was married earlier this summer. Now, it's time for us to let her go. I will rejoice because she will get to see Jesus, she will be whole, and she will no longer be fighting the battles this world brings, but I will be sad because I will miss her encouraging words, her loving hugs, and her gentle spirit.

Sometimes this life seems beyond difficult. It's hard, it hurts, it's infuriating, but,

Psalms 119:76 (NIV)
May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.

My comfort is not found in this world, but in the loving arms of a loving God.


No comments: