Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Power of the Purge...

There is one thing I have learned about myself in the past few years, purging is powerful for me. Whether it is purging accumulated stuff or purging negative emotions, it has a wonderful effect on me.

This week I chose to purge myself of a negative situation. I let go of 8 years of accumulated patterns, favorites, and well over 5000 forum posts. I let go of the need to try to get my point of view across. I let go of the frustration when my words were willfully misunderstood, misconstrued, or generalized. I let go of the putting myself through the barrage of accusations...of being called hateful, ignorant, bigoted, paranoid, and mentally ill. No one needs that in their life.

It felt good to purge. It feels good today. I have more time on my hands to study, to knit, and most importantly, to love on my family.

The words in Philippians keep coming to mind...

Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. 

These are the things I need to be focusing on!

No comments: