Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Another new baby! Our next door neighbors had their new little boy last evening. I'm excited to get to meet him. Babies, babies, everywhere!!

We've have some gorgeous fall weather here. Sunny, warm, breezy. It's been good for getting the crop out of the field, but, Praise God!, the crop is large and we're all running out of places to keep it! It's a good problem to have. With fuel prices so high, it's also a blessing that we aren't having to dry our corn, nature is taking care of that for us.

I am looking forward to some cooler weather. I enjoy drizzly, dreary, cool fall days. I know, I'm strange that way. I call the "sweatshirts and soup" days. I think that fall is my favorite season. It makes you want to snuggle and get cozy.

We had a strange happening with our luscious puppy, Liberty, today. Our mailman actually tried to pepper spray her. Now, I admit, she hates him, but she was in our driveway, he was across the road at the giant mailbox that we bought just so he wouldn't have to get out of his car. He seems to be quite petrified of her. Instead of giving her a treat (like the Schwan's guy), he just makes the situation worse by attempting to hurt her. Makes me crazy! This dog lets little babies crawl all over her and pull her hair. She just looks at me as if to say, "Are we done yet?" She is an awesome dog, she just doesn't like the mailman and delivery trucks. I could have understood it if she was bouncing off his car, but that wasn't the case. My husband thinks we should put a sign on the mailbox that reads, "To H*** with the dog, beware of the owners!" Might have to try that!

I'd better get knitting, these babies keep coming early and I'm getting behind!

No comments: