Monday, October 31, 2005

So...we went to bed quite early last night. I spent several hours over the course of the entire night thinking about cars, cell phones, and the Knitters Review. My goodness, my mind would just not shut off.

Hubby and I were able to get away for several hours yesterday, first time since harvest started. It was so nice! We were able to take our time and enjoy our lunch, visit several car lots, and attempt to upgrade our cell phones (I'll get to that fiasco in a moment!).

We have known for awhile now that we were going to have to start looking for a new vehicle-whether brand new or slightly used. We've been going back and forth about whether it should be a car (we currently have a wonderful Ford F-150 with almost 176,000 miles. It's been an awesome, very reliable vehicle-hard to give up!) or an SUV. Being small in stature, I really didn't want another big pickup, although I love mine, plus, they are quite expensive. We also want something that gets better gas mileage, but I don't want to go to small. We live in the country, on a gravel road, so some height and all-wheel or 4-wheel is a good idea. UGH! So, we hit several lots and have come down to the Ford Escape or a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I think we can get a little more for our money with the Cherokee, but we're just going to sit back and watch the adds and check the websites until December or January.

Oh, the cell phones! For goodness sakes! We use Cingular (it used to be AT&T). We knew that our contract was up, so we decided to go in and see what they could do for us and if we could save some money. Well, Cingular is going to this GSM technology (apparently the technology they've been using in Europe for years) and their phones no longer support analog. According to their map, we would probably not have service at our home and there were several other places in Iowa that we would not get service. Of course, along the interstates, etc., we would be okay, but probably not in the fields or our home. So, that leaves us with a dilemma. We left US Cellular after 9 years because of several things, including 3 different customer service people giving me three different answers to a question. That makes it sound rather simplistic, but the Attorney General became involved. So, our dilemma, bad coverage from our current provider, or bite the bullet and go back to US Cellular and get better coverage.

KR...what can I say that hasn't already been said. I find it so interesting that liberals like to forget what Democrats in the recent past have done, but they can vilify and berate Republicans for the same line of defense.

I spent a good part of the middle of the night considering their take on Mr. Clinton's "indiscretions" as compared to the Libby issue. I've been told that lying about your sex life and lying about a CIA agent, especially during WARTIME, is like night and day.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. Lying is lying. A liar can't be trusted. Mr. Clinton broke trust with myself and many others by abusing the Office of the President. He didn't have enough self-control to wait until he was out of office or even just go in a supply closet. Lying about it showed his true character. Lying, cheating, adultery, all true. His character is deeply flawed. If Mr. Libby is truly guilty of lying, his character is flawed as well. Now I know that we are all sinners, we are all flawed, but, by the power of Jesus Christ, we can live in obedience.

I'm quite tired of the witch hunt mentality of the liberals and the media. It's become a sport of sorts-kick them while they are down, find something, anything, to discredit the Republicans. The hate-filled rhetoric is getting quite old and I think that it will backfire in the liberals faces. They are like bullies on the playground and eventually the bullied with get in their faces.

I started a felted bag out of Noro Koreyon this weekend. Almost done with that, just had to do something for myself before I get serious about Christmas gifts and orders. It's time to start putting in a big push.

No comments: