Thursday, October 06, 2005


My most recent pair of socks. I started a pair last night that are made with Lorna's Laces, Childsplay. Lots of fun!

I decided that I need to be blogging about my most recent undertaking. I had mentioned several months ago that I was doing weight watchers, well, I fell off the wagon during the summer (lots of family issues, etc.). So, I go to the doctor 3 weeks ago and get my blood work results! Everything was to high, except my good cholesterol, which was to low! So, she gave me the most motivating lecture that I've ever had in my life! I came out of the office knowing what I needed to do and totally ready.

Over the past three weeks, I've been exercising every day for 30 minutes (Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds-the 2 mile walk) and eating 1500 calories or less. I've lost 9 pounds. Praise God! I'm really beginning to grasp that I don't need to be eating 24/7. That most of the time, it didn't even taste good to me, it was just habitual. I'm so excited to be building up stamina and I can tell my body is changing. I want to lose another 50 lbs. I can do it, I've done it before.

I can't say enough good things about Walk Away the Pounds. You don't have to be coordinated, you don't have to know anything about exercise, you just do it and it works. It's quite a workout, but it invigorates and gives me more energy.

Now, that all being said, today has been a tough day. I got up at 5:30 with hubby and so this afternoon I'm sleepy and I've got the munchies. I've hung in there, said several prayers, and am patiently waiting for hubby to get home so that I can enjoy some chicken tortilla soup!

I'm still feeling overwhelmed by all the projects I need to get done. I'm trying to finish up a little vest, then I have two October babies to knit for, plus make some beaded bags to sell at the market the 15th and 16th.

I did get my vacation scrapbook done yesterday, and that was one thing off my plate. I still have tons of pictures to get scrapbooked, but that will come in time!

No comments: