Monday, July 03, 2006

Little Baby A is here!! She arrived safely into this world this morning around 4:00 AM. She weighed 7 lb 8 oz. I can't wait to see her!!

I'm not doing very well in the diet department. It is so easy to fall back into old habits. They just die so hard. I'm tired of fighting the food battle! I've quit exercising, but I'm going to get started on Wednesday. Tomorrow, I'm marching in our 4th of July parade for a local senate candidate, so I think that will be plenty of exercise. I know that I've been eating emotionally. I'm mad because the weight isn't falling off as quickly as I'd like. I'm mad because I don't like to cook and that makes things a bit more difficult (that's of my own making). I'm mad because it's summer-which makes no sense because I love summer!! It's just that I feel like all the regular routines are just thrown out the window and I'm not sure how to get the routines back.

I really do love summer! I love the sound of the birds in the morning, the warm breezes, the smell of freshly mowed hay. I love not having to wear a coat, I love having my toes free, I love the freedom. But, the freedom seems to be a double-edged sword. I feel like I should be able to eat what I want, when I want. It just seems that sin is far more present in summer than at any other time of the year. All that I can do is fall on my face before God and seek His mercy! Thank God, He gives it freely. It is only by falling before Him and admitting my inabilities that He can work and do a dramatic change in me. Lord, help me to reach that place!

Yesterdays sermon was very good. It was based on Romans 12:9-21. It's a checklist for believers behavior.

Romans 12:9-21 (NIV)
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Share with GodÂ’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.£ Do not be conceited. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for GodÂ’s wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"£ says the Lord.

On the contrary:
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."£
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
So, here's a checklist for you (courtesy of Scripture and our associate pastor):
A. Personal Duties (vs. 9)
  • Love must be sincere
  • Hate what is evil
  • Cling to what is good.

B. Duties to the Family of God (vs. 10-13)

  • Be devoted in brotherly love.
  • Prefer one another in honor.
  • Never be lacking in zeal.
  • Be fervent in spirit.
  • Serve the Lord.
  • Rejoice in hope.
  • Be patient in affliction.
  • Be faithful in prayer.
  • Share with the saints in need.
  • Practice hospitality.

C. Duties to others (vs. 14-16)

  • Bless those who persecute you
  • Rejoice with those who rejoice
  • Mourn with those who mourn
  • Live in harmony with one another
  • Do not be proud or conceited

D. Duties to those who consider us enemies

  • Never return evil for evil
  • Always do what is right
  • Live at peace with everyone
  • Do not take revenge
  • Overcome evil with good

Do a word search-for every "duty", there is at least one corresponding verse for each duty somewhere in Scripture. God's Word never contradicts itself and always backs itself up.

Time to get knitting!

No comments: