Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Well, basically very little has gotten done in the last two days. I've been dealing with a humidity sinus/migraine. I'm feeling better tonight.

I've been reading my all-time favorite book (next to the Bible), Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly. It's a beautiful first-love story set in the early 1940's. The simplicity of life, the sweetness of a pure and innocent heart, oh, it makes my heart soar. I love her discriptions of the weather and nature-you can feel it as you read. It always makes me want to write! I find myself thinking about it in contrast to my life. It actually inspires me to live more simply.

The evening was spent making phone calls for our local Republican party. Had some good responses. It's exciting to be getting involved so heavily in the campaigns.

Knitting is coming along. I'm working on a hooded cardigan out of some gorgeous yarn. I'll post a picture soon.

No comments: