Sunday, May 04, 2008

I decided to change the name of my blog, the address is the same, though. My deknitter persona was quite a long time ago on a distant and uncomfortable website for me now. Daybreak fits.

Psalms 37:6 (NIV)

6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

This has become a prayer for me. I want my (HIS!!) righteousness to shine like the dawn in my life. I want it to break through the darkness and bondage for others, revealing to them the beauty and light that can only come from a relationship with Jesus Christ!! I want the justice of my cause (hopefully, only those things that matter in eternity) to shine brightly, like the noonday sun! I want people to see God's justice and righteousness portrayed in my life.

I would highly recommend looking up the meaning of your name and then find a verse that goes with that meaning, you might be quite surprised by what you find!!

We didn't make it to church this morning. We've never missed so much church as we have this winter. It's either been health or weather! Today, it's health. I finally gave in and went to the doctor yesterday morning. I've got the good beginnings of a sinus infection, tons of fluid-everywhere, as the doctor put it, a nasty cough, and now I'm beginning to think it's laryngitis, as I have very little voice. Makes the family happy, though, Mom can't yell :)

Hubby pulled a tendon/muscle on Friday night and his leg is in pretty bad shape. No bruising, though, so we're speculating that it's not torn from the tendon, just twisted and very sore.

Sometimes I forget just how offensive the idea of "sin" can be to people. I use to be the exact same way!! I was always saying "don't tell me that I'm a sinner, I've made my peace with God, I'm good enough to go to Heaven". Until the day that God finally spoke so clearly to me that I totally understood that I was not good enough to get to Heaven, nobody is!! That's why Jesus came! Sin is an ugly thing, but our pride and the enemy have a fairly easy time of changing that in our minds. We begin to think that it's not hurting anyone or that society is accepting it, so it must be okay. We begin to give ourselves over to it a little at a time and before we know it, we've forsaken the truth.

I've been reading in Proverbs lately and I had forgotten how many warnings we are given to hang tight to wisdom, to the knowledge of the Lord, to not lean on our own understanding, to quit trying to reason things out sometimes, and just let God give us the understanding that we need to face this wicked and depraved world. Revelation tells us many times over that in the end, during the tribulation, despite horrific pain and circumstances, people will still refuse to repent and the will openly curse God. Spending time on parts of Ravelry have proven that over and over to me. I use to wonder how people could do that, I don't anymore.

I'm not sure what to do about those that are openly spreading lies and misrepresenting Christianity. I'm praying about it.

I've been getting a bit of knitting done, I'm hoping to finish Baby I's today and get that one out of the way. I really need to give some attention to my niece's stole and start her blessing bag.

No comments: