Friday, April 28, 2006

I often wish that I had something witty and wise to post about, instead, life seems blissfully boring right now.

I've recently been feeling very convicted about getting the house in order, keeping it relatively clean, keeping myself occupied with one thing or another. In Titus 2:3-5, one of the commands is to be busy at home. That has been weighing on my mind. How often do I look around the house and see all the doggy hair (she's going through a major shed right now) and then go back to dinking on the internet? So, I've been working alot harder at...well, working.

I have so much more energy when I'm faithfully working out, I have to send it somewhere. Now that the kids are older, I don't have to spend nearly as much time getting them here and there, I can actually put more effort into our home, which pleases hubby greatly.

Yesterday, I actually cleaned the (are you ready for this?) the broom closet!!! This was the one door where everyone prepared for action before opening it. No telling how many long handled items would choose to spring out of their prison door. My daughter looked at me with disbelief when I told her what I was going to do, but she managed to recover and actually help me out.

Part of my drive to rid the house of clutter deals with my anxiety and depression. Having a bunch of stuff around tends to make me a bit crazy, so I've also decided to weed through my knitting magazines and books. I've actually posted a couple of books on e-bay, true collectors books. One of them I actually found on a rare book site selling for upwards of $333.00. I doubt that I'll get that much, but half would be nice. So, I'm sorting through all the magazines, ripping out the patterns that I would actually make (which is turning out to be a lot less than I expected) and then I hope to put the whole ones on e-bay for a mere pittance. It's been a bit more difficult than I thought, emotionally. Weird what we'll connect ourselves to. S has been going through them as well, trying to build up her repertoire of patterns.

Another part of the drive to clean is the upcoming graduation. What better excuse to deep clean than a party! I've been able to come up with a schedule for deep cleaning each room (now that the closets are almost done) that will bring us up almost to graduation day, saving kitchen and bathroom til the last. Of course, I've also got to squeeze in baking & decorating at least 4 cakes (1 for a baby shower, 3 for graducation) and possibly a smaller cake for a secondary graduation party we are doing with my niece on Mother's Day. We've also got to deal with the food. It will all get done.

It will be nice to have graduation out of the way. I'm hoping this summer is a relaxing one, although ds has several jobs lined up and until the end of July, when he gets his drivers license, he'll need someone to haul him around. I still think that we'll be able to relax a bit more. We're looking forward to a trip out to Wyoming and Yellowstone this summer with my mom and pops. Mom has never been to Yellowstone so it should be quite an experience for her. I absolutely love Yellowstone, I'm fascinated by all the plumbing. Hubby and I's favorite place though is the Tetons. We fell in love with that mountain range when we visited in 1999. It's breathtaking. We bought the movie Spencer's Mountain just so we could get a glimpse now and then.

Well, time to get back to sorting through magazines, weaving in ends on L's sweater, and frogging dd's graduation sweater (I forgot to shape the neck-my mind must have been somewhere else!)

No comments: