Monday, February 25, 2008

The weather continues to drain us all. We are expecting more freezing rain and 3-7 inches of snow today. Tomorrow, it's supposed to blow, which means that our road with blow shut again, there is just no place for the snow to go! I took J to my nephew's on Friday and drove through a tunnel of snow up by my in-laws. I could barely fit my medium-sized SUV through it, there is no way that Hubby could get a semi through there.

I just keep trying to hang on to the glimpses of sun and warmth that we get, I don't want to get into a funk emotionally because of the weather. It's so easy for me to go there and March is always my difficult month.

I am so grateful to the Lord for all the tools He has given me to deal with the challenges that we have faced over the past year. Unfortunately, we added to our list of challenges last week when our niece miscarried her baby. It's all so sad!

I didn't watch the Oscars, I hadn't seen any of the top movies, nor do I care to (except, maybe, Atonement), but I did look up the dresses. Many were quite stunning. I didn't see a one that made me go "hmmmmm".

So, today is a knitting, watching the rained out NASCAR, finishing the laundry kind of day because it's not fit to go outside again.

No comments: