Friday, June 06, 2008

All day yesterday the weather folks kept warning us about the upcoming storms predicted for the night time hours. Well, I don't think it was quite a devastating as it could have been, it did wake us up at about 1:00 am to lots of lightening and some massive winds. We turned on the tv and watched the ongoing weather coverage. A small tornado hit a small town not far from here and did some damage. The winds certainly made a huge mess out of our yard and the sheep pen in the back yard, that's the big tree that came down. It did a bit of structural damage to our machine shed, but nothing that can't be fixed.

The storms made for a short night of sleep, so I ended up going back to bed for a couple of hours this morning. I'm actually enjoying an afternoon to myself. Hubby is trucking, J had to work, and S is babysitting for my best friend's kids--she's at the homeschool conference. The first one that I haven't been to in 12 years. On one hand, it's very freeing, on the other, just sad. I miss the fellowship of so many truly committed believers seeking to follow God's will in their lives and raise up godly children in a world that is so focused on itself.

So, I'm off to watch a movie and begin a special project for my niece. Pics to come later.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: