Tuesday, January 04, 2011


Yesterday felt luscious to me, for the most part. Why luscious? I was out the door early, I had blogged, the sun was shining, the snow was gone, the wind was light, and the temps were warm for Iowa in January, high 20's, and did I mention, the snow was GONE! I attended the swearing in of our county elected officials, including my friend, D above, who was the only Republican in a sea of Democrats, and I was his campaign treasurer.

I enjoyed being the treasurer. Iowa does a good job of keeping their candidates accountable and ethical. Everything that I've entered into the system is available for public use. It can be very enlightening to read where so many candidates get their money. I'm so very tired of the Democrats in our state complaining about the outside money that came in to help the judicial retention vote because when you look at who does most of the campaign contributions to our local Democrats, it's outside interests!

Of course, with it being a new year, I've begun my annual purging and organizing. It feels so good! Wally world has these neat cd boxes and I picked one up yesterday for my cds, making it possible for me to get rid of my bulky other holders. The box fits so nicely in my desk cubby hole that I'm planning on picking up 3 more for other cubbies and storing office supplies in them. They look so nice and tidy! I get so tired of clutter and stuff falling out of it's assigned place, I think these boxes will help.

Joshua 1:8-9 (NIV)
Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."


No comments: