Monday, July 04, 2005

I'm inspired! I've been doing a little searching today and discovered so many Christian, Mom, Homeschooling blogs! I'm feeling like I can take this blog on a little more regularly and I'm not going to mince words anymore!

We're waiting to see if Baby A gets to come home tomorrow. It's been a long time coming! God is so faithful.

I've almost completed reading "Created to Be His Helpmeet". It is an awesome book. Very challenging. Coming from someone who has read A LOT of "how-to be a good Christian wife" books, this is by far the best. It is more practical, more straight-forward, and more challenging than any before. In Titus 2:3-5, the bible says:

(NIV) 3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

Debi Pearl really explains what it means to malign (blaspheme) the Word of God. Our home life is changing moment by moment and my marriage (which was already wonderful) is getting better because I am working at giving up my selfish desires and "needs". I would recommend this book to any wife or woman wanting to be a wife.

No comments: