Friday, December 31, 2004

Here it is, December 31, 2004

I am having trouble realizing that this really is the last day of the year. As I've mentioned before, it's been quite an eventful year. At least I can look back and see that I have grown a lot, learned several new skills (including blogging-thanks again, Amie, for all your help! You've been great!) I've stretched myself in many areas of my life and that feels good! I'm slowly letting my grip on procrastination loose, I'm much better at just jumping in and getting something done.

I've passed on my love/addiction of knitting to my daughter. I've become more free in my own knitting. After 20 years of knitting, I'm not letting the pattern rule me and I'm getting more comfortable with color!

I've enjoyed getting to know folks on the internet, something I avoided for quite awhile. It forced me to be well read, to reawaken my research skills and to really think about my positions and reasons for those positions.

I've been blessed by the Lord to take part in a phenomenal women's retreat! I watched women release pain and condemnation. I watched them wake to their potential to serve others.

I was truly blessed to take part in the most wonderful wedding (besides my own) that I have experienced to date. This young couple waited until their wedding day to share their first kiss and it was amazing! We are so excited now, they announced they are expecting their first child late next summer!

I've been blessed with the most special friendships that I have ever had at any time in my life! Being an only child, I've always longed for someone that I could truly be real with and I've found several of those!

I've been blessed by the struggles and trials in my life. They have made me search deep in God's Word and in myself. They've made me deal with sin in my life and look at how I deal with other's sin. God's Word has proven faithful (as it always does)-trials develop perseverance and perseverance must finish it's work so that I can be mature!

I've been blessed by my children-good times and tough times! I've been blessed by my husband! His willingness to just be beside me during the most intense times is more than I could ever ask for! His willingness to pray for myself and the kids is wonderful!

I truly am blessed! I pray that I can be a blessing to others. So, as we end 2004 and begin 2005,

"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn His face toward you
and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26
Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

Amie said...

Beautiful post today, D. Those are some of my favorite bible verses, put to music in my all time favorite choral piece, they always make me cry...

It's amazing how much we have, isn't it?

Kate said...

May God bless you and your family mightily in 2005!

knitdamsel