Sunday, March 30, 2008

Do you wonder sometimes if God is paying attention?

God has been impressing the idea of rest on my heart and mind the past few days. It began with Matthew 11:28-30 on Friday. When my friend called and left that wonderfully encouraging message for me, wanting to encourage me because God was prompting her to, I began to really see that He was indeed paying attention to all the things that I have been feeling and struggling with.

Then, this morning, at worship, our worship pastor started to read Matthew 11:28-30. My heart was so struck that I didn't even sing along with the song Come Unto Me, I just let it sink into my spirit. The rest of the songs continued to feed my weary soul.

Then, in Pastor Jim's sermon, he reiterated Mt 11:28-30. Okay, so now I'm really getting the idea that I am to rest and that I am to find that rest in Him! It is okay for me to feel weary and burdened, it draws me closer to my Jesus and my rest will be like no earthly rest.

We concluded worship with these words:

Bigger Than Any Mountain

(1) Bigger than all the shadows that fall across my path,

God is bigger than any mountain that I can or can not see.

He's bigger than all the confusion, bigger than anything;

God is bigger than any mountain that I can or can not see.

Chorus: He's bigger than all my problems, bigger than all my fears;

God is bigger than any mountain that I can or can not see.

Oh, yes, he's bigger than all my question, bigger than anything;

God is bigger than any mountain that I can or can not see.

(3) He's bigger than all the giants of pain and unbelief;

God is bigger than any mountain that I can or can not see.

He's bigger than any discouragement, bigger than anything;

My God is bigger than any mountain that I can or can not see.

No comments: