Sunday, March 09, 2008

Yesterday, despite being my birthday, was a sad day. We had our Republican County Convention yesterday and I was on the registration committee. The gentleman in charge of registration fell very ill shortly after we got there. We could tell something was wrong, but we were hoping it wasn't as serious as it turned out to be. Thankfully, a dear friend of mine was there and she realized it was pretty severe and she called an ambulance. Sadly, it was to late. He suffered a massive hemorrhage on his brain and is now in a coma and not expected to live much longer. I had just spent a morning with him a couple of days before and got to know him a bit more. I'd always enjoyed him, I can't explain why. So, I spent a good chunk of yesterday praying for him. By late afternoon, we knew that it was bad. Oddly enough, I soon found out that he is the father of a friend of mine from church. I called to let her know that we had been with him while it was happening (2 friends from her own church who had no idea that he was her father and we were praying for him, what a GOD moment!). She was very appreciative and grateful that he was doing what he loved and that God had put people around him who were praying and caring.

I've been pondering it all since it happened. How quickly things can change. One moment he was helping us all to understand what we were to be doing and the next he was in a chair, sweating profusely and unable to hold his head up. Life is precious. It is a wonderful gift from God! Are we living it to serve Him, are we living it abundantly? Are we letting the people we love know that we love them? Are we living with an attitude of gratitude and joy? I pray that we are, you just never know.

My birthday was still a nice day. Hubby and I went out for supper and I was able to get some relaxation time in during the afternoon. Today, I feel like I'm coming down with a cold and am very stuffy and headachy. We are quite worn out from the very busy week we've had, early mornings, later evenings, and it all begins again tomorrow. Praise God!! He remains so faithful even when life gets hectic and busy and sometimes confusing.

No comments: