Friday, March 28, 2008

So, today, I'm working at unloading our food co-op truck and I leave my cellphone in the car, charging. Mind you, I've had a pretty icky week (see previous posts). I go back to the car to get the checkbook and I checked my messages. There was the sweetest, most encouraging message from a dear friend of mine. She had felt the Lord prompting her to call and encourage me today. It wasn't so much the message that touched me, but the fact that it reminded me that God is truly paying attention and that I just have to keep hanging on to the end of the rope!

"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gently and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Mt. 11:28-30

No comments: