Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Day 3 of being stuck in the house!! We've been having this annoying freezing drizzle and fog for 3 days now, today we're supposed to get ice. On top of that, I've had a migraine for two days-again, I think it's the weather system. To help with the glare in my livingroom, I've hung navy curtains across my big east window-now I think that is effecting my SAD (which, of course, I've never been really diagnosed with, but I know that it's part of me!). So, I have cabin fever, I'm trying not to get depressed, I haven't felt well. Oh, woe is me!

I woke up this morning determined to let a little light in, so I do have the curtains open some. I've been thinking about the light situation in the living room-I'm hoping to convince hubby to let me buy some sheers, that would cut the glare (I think) and yet, let in the light that I need. Target had some gorgeous gold sheers that I think would go really well with my Americana theme. I know that he is much more aware of my mental needs than he used to be and much more attentive to them. He's seen that I'm not just manipulating the situation, I have to be proactive about the anxiety and depression.

At least the kids have continued to work on their school work and they have been very excited by the assignment to put together a thorough report on the Revolutionary War. Of course, I can't get anyone to sweep or put away their stuff, but we'll get that under control.

It's so weird, I spend the last two-three months of each year in a frenzy, wanting free time, wanting to just sit, and now that I have that opportunity, I want to be busy! I have been keeping busy with my knitting, which is good, since I have to get more items done for the market! So, today, more knitting!

No comments: