I tried posting earlier, but there seemed to be "internal" issues. I finally have a few minutes now, so here I am.
Yesterday and today were beautiful!! The sun was shining, the temperature was around 45 degrees, and the snow and ice were melting!! I was able to get outside for almost an hour yesterday and it made a HUGE difference in my mood! Liberty played outside most of the day and was exhausted by evening, although, with the full moon, she was ancy by 10:00 pm. Hubby and I didn't sleep very well, the house was very bright with the moon shining off the snow. It was also in the northeast, which is the side our bedroom is on. If it's bright tonight, I'll wear my migraine eye mask!
I was able to finish up my Opal Handpainted socks today. I'm very pleased with them. I designed them myself. It's basically a two by two rib with a cross-over every 4th row-makes a little mock cable. It's just enough design to make it interesting, but it doesn't take away from the colors in the yarn. Now I can start my mom's socks. I think I'm going to use a design from "Knitting on the Road". There is a very pretty pattern in there that I think she will like. I'm also going to start another pair for myself. My son keeps telling me he wants a pair, but he's been growing so rapidly, I'm not sure I want to put in the time until his feet are more firmly established!!
I have so many things to be grateful for!! I'm going to work on keeping track of at least 10 things each day (maybe make a good habit!!).
1. Jesus Christ, who, while I was still a sinner, died for me.
2. My husband, who loves me despite my expensive habit and my quirky personality.
3. My children, who, even though they've learned just how weird I can be, they love me still.
4. My mom-she's healthy, happy, and wonderful.
5. The snow is melting.
6. Pets, they give me peace (most of the time).
7. My knitting!
8. A roof over my head and a good size stash!
10. Living in a country where I can still worship freely.
11. For those that will put themselves out there for my safety and freedom-soldiers, police, firemen.