Friday, January 07, 2005

Yeah!

We did a little shopping today! DS got his snowboard and is outside right now trying it out. He paid exactly what he wanted to spend on it, which has left him enough of his Christmas money to order a couple of DVD's that he wants.

I got new curtains for the living room. My living room is done in Americana and I made my muslin tab-top curtains. The tabs are done with different red, white, and blue americana print fabric. They're really cute, but in the winter, they are just too light. My living room is on the southeast side of the house and it gets a lot of winter sun. I've been wanting some darker curtains for the winter and finally found some affordable ones at Wal-mart. They just need ironed and then I'll get them hung up.

I also struck DVD gold in the cheap section. For some reason, the other day I was trying to remember the name of a movie with Ally Sheedy that involved a robot. It was quite funny and it had been forever since I had seen it. Well, there is was in the $5.50 pile-"Short Circuit". I love those old 80's movies-"War Games", "Ferris Buellar's Day Off", etc.. Some of them are a little raunchy, those I don't let the kids see, but some of them are just campy and fun. This is one of them.

I suppose I should go iron the curtains. I want to get that done, then I have to run into town and pick up my natural food co-op order, then get home and get knitting again. I need to get a boy and a girl sweater done for the next baby, since we don't know for sure what it will be. The next bunch will have 5 boys, so that makes it a little easier.

No comments: