Sunday, January 23, 2005

Psa. 14:1 through Psa. 14:6 (NIV)
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

The LORD looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.

Will evildoers never learn—those who devour my people as men eat bread
and who do not call on the LORD?

There they are, overwhelmed with dread, for God is present in the company of the righteous.

You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor, but the LORD is their refuge.


Psa. 53:1 through Psa. 53:5 (NIV)
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, and their ways are vile; there is no one who does good.

God looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

Everyone has turned away, they have together become corrupt;
there is no one who does good, not even one.

Will the evildoers never learn—those who devour my people as men eat bread
and who do not call on God?

There they were, overwhelmed with dread, where there was nothing to dread.
God scattered the bones of those who attacked you; you put them to shame, for God despised them.



Rom. 3:10 through Rom. 3:18 (NIV)
As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;

there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God.

All have turned away, they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good, not even one."

"Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit."
"The poison of vipers is on their lips."

"Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness."

"Their feet are swift to shed blood;

ruin and misery mark their ways,

and the way of peace they do not know."

"There is no fear of God before their eyes."

How many times does God have to say something before people will wake up and begin to listen. I'm frustrated, again, SORRY!! I've come to terms with people being rude, I understand that they have a right to their opinion and beliefs, but to consistently accuse others of being uninformed, narrow-minded, tunnel-visioned, of being a parrot, of being unwilling to change a position based on new information, I'm finding that hard to digest. I'm tired of people pretending to read between the lines and assume things that aren't there. I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm certainly no martyr, but respect would be nice.

I do know that the more time I spend in the "world", the less I want to be a part of it! I choose truth. I choose God and His Word. I choose character, respect, love, mercy, grace, peace, patience, faithfulness, joy, kindness, gentleness, and self-control. I choose responsibility in one's life, I choose repentance from sin, I choose to have higher expectations of myself, my family, and society as a whole. There is hope for the wicked (Psalm 1), God grants time for turning to Him, I choose to have hope that people will awaken from their blindness and darkness and come into the light.

Tommorrow, since it's January 24th and studies claim that is the most depressing day of the year, I will not give into it. I will share the joy I find in this life, in having a relationship with a living God, a loving God, a just God, and I will express gratitude for all the blessings in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Dawn!

I love those Psalms! :)

I can relate to everything you said...it is hard, isn't it, deciding if you should just leave them alone or go on voicing your opinion?? I sometimes think I would love to be on KR voicing my opinion but then I wonder if I can "play nice" anymore with them? Well, to keep your sanity, keep your head in the Word & visit sites that are more positive...:)

I think that story about Jan 24 being depressing is so funny...ah well, we'll Boycott it! :)

God bless!
lottie